Gilpin Facial Plastics offers refreshing and long-lasting results to its patients in Nashville with a wide range of surgical and non-surgical facial procedures. Our center is headed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Gilpin who, after completing his cosmetic facial plastic fellowship, has brought his decades of experience and care to his hometown, Nashville.
In addition to his vast experience, Dr. Gilpin brings his artistic skills with his signature procedures that include facelift, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery. He customizes each procedure to the specific needs and goals of every patient with minimal downtime and the latest techniques. From the time you walk in for your initial consultation to your complete recovery, our team of experts ensures that all your questions are answered, and you make an informed and confident decision. Our priority remains to help you achieve your expectations and cosmetic goals.
Our face plays an important part in how we are perceived, and everybody wants to put their best face forward. With time, your skin experiences several undesirable changes due to sun exposure, genetics, stress, gravity, and other environmental factors. If you feel that you seem old or tired because of these changes, you may consider facelift surgery.
Facelift surgery is a cosmetic procedure that offers a refreshed and youthful facial appearance. The facelift, or rhytidectomy, helps improve aging signs in your neck and facial tissues, eliminating deep wrinkles, fine lines, sagging, excess skin, marionette lines, nasolabial folds, jowls, and hollows under your eyes.
Dr. Gilpin specializes in facial plastic surgery and he offers beautiful results that will enhance your natural beauty. Our aim with each facelift procedure is to produce natural-looking, long-lasting results that complement your unique facial anatomy.
We use the most advanced surgical techniques so that you get your desired results and not the pulled appearance you may get with other, inexperienced plastic surgeons. The highly customizable procedure is tailored to suit your specific needs and helps you restore your self-confidence.
There is no specific age for a facelift since everybody ages differently. When you are unhappy with the undesirable changes caused by aging or other factors, then it is time to consider a facelift. An ideal candidate is one who is in good health and does not smoke. If you are experiencing any of these, then it is time to consider the facelift procedure:
- Sagging and loose skin on the neck and face area
- The wrinkles on your face make you look sad, tired, or angry
- You appear older than your years and how you feel
- There are fine lines and wrinkles on your neck and face
A facelift is a highly customizable procedure and Dr. Gilpin uses different techniques that vary from each other to give you the best results. Facelifts are done under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Here are your options for a facelift with Dr. Gilpin:
- Deep plane facelift this cosmetic surgery addresses sagging and wrinkles in the lower part of your face, neck, and jowls. The SMAS is also lifted and tightened during the procedure so that you get longer-lasting and more natural-appearing results.
- Limited incision facelift this is a less invasive procedure sometimes called a “mini” facelift and is best for those looking for subtle changes to their lower face. Since lesser and shorter incisions are used, the recovery is shorter as well.
- Neck lift if you feel like you have a double chin with sagging skin on the neck, this is the ideal surgical procedure for you. Dr. Gilpin will help you get rid of the neck bands and get an overall youthful appearance.
- Facelift with laser skin resurfacing for a comprehensive rejuvenation, Dr. Gilpin offers a combination of laser resurfacing with your facelift. This helps in addressing the finer aging signs like sunspots, redness, and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth.
Most patients see their final results in a month or two from their procedure. There may still be subtle improvements for a year after your facelift. Even though your results cannot be permanent since the process of aging continues, Dr. Gilpin can take almost a decade off with your procedure. Maintain a healthy lifestyle for longer-lasting results; you can also get non-invasive procedures like dermal fillers and Botox in the future to help maintain your results.
Nashville is the capital of Tennessee and it is also home to Vanderbilt University. The city is the county seat of Davidson County and it is located on the Cumberland River. Much of the cultural life of the city revolves around its large university community. Some of the popular destinations include Fort Nashborough, Fort Negley, the Tennessee State Museum, and the Parthenon. Nashville has a vibrant music and entertainment scene that spans a variety of genres. Some of the popular tourist attractions involve country music and include Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Ryman Auditorium, and Belcourt Theater.