Gilpin Facial Plastics offers a wide range of surgical and non-surgical facial procedures to help its patients from Forest Hills achieve refreshing and long-lasting results. Dr. David A Gilpin completed his cosmetic facial plastic fellowship and brings decades of experience and compassionate patient care to his hometown of Nashville with Gilpin Facial Plastics.
In addition to his vast experience, Dr. Gilpin also has unparalleled artistic skills that he offers through his signature procedures including facelift, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery. He personalizes each procedure to the individual needs and goals of every patient, making sure that they get minimal downtime and benefit from the latest techniques. From your initial consultation until you have completely recovered from the procedure, our expert team stays with you, answering all your questions and helping you make confident decisions. Our utmost priority is to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Our faces play an important part in how we are perceived socially. So, its no doubt that everybody wants to put their best face forward. Over time, your skin experiences several undesirable changes aggravated by exposure to the sun, stress, gravity and other environmental and lifestyle factors. If you feel that you always look older or tired because of such changes, consider getting the facelift procedure.
A facelift is a cosmetic procedure which offers you a youthful and refreshed facial appearance. Medically known as rhytidectomy, the facelift procedure helps eliminate these signs of aging which appear on your face and neck with age. You can see an improvement in the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, marionette lines, nasolabial folds, double chin, and the volume loss that becomes apparent around the eyes.
Dr. Gilpin does not use the facelift procedure to change your features, but rather to enhance your natural beauty. He strives to produce natural-appearing results that last long and complement your unique facial anatomy. The most advanced surgical technique is used for every facelift procedure at Gilpin Facial Plastics so that you do not suffer from the unnatural and pulled appearance a less experienced surgeon could burden you with. The facelift remains a highly customizable surgical procedure, and we ensure that it is personalized to perfectly suit your individual requirements and unique aesthetic goals. It is our objective to help you feel more confident in your appearance after the facelift.
There is no ideal age for a facelift since no two of our patients age the same. When you begin to experience visible changes in your facial skin, it is the right time to consider undergoing the facelift procedure. Similar to other surgical procedures, you must be in good emotional and physical health and be a nonsmoker. In most cases, our patients who opt for a facelift have these concerns:
- Loose skin on the neck and face area, which has begun to sag
- A perpetual tired or grumpy appearance due to lines and wrinkles
- You appear older than how you feel
- Lifting the sides of your skin shows a marked improvement in the loose skin
- Your neck and the face have visible fine lines and wrinkles
Dr. Gilpin offers his patients different techniques for the highly customizable facelift procedure so that you get the best results possible from the facial surgery. Here are the different options our patients from Forest Hills can benefit from:
- Deep plane facelift this technique eliminates the sagging skin and wrinkles present in the lower part of your face, neck, and jowls. During the deep plane facelift, the SMAS will also be lifted and tightened to offer you natural-appearing results that last long.
- Limited incision facelift this is a less invasive technique that gives only subtle improvements in the lower face region. A few short incisions are used and it offers you a shorter recovery too.
- Neck lift if you are bothered with a double chin as well as sagging skin on the neck, you will benefit from a neck lift that offers a youthful rejuvenation.
- Facelift with laser resurfacing Dr. Gilpin offers comprehensive rejuvenation by combining laser resurfacing with your facelift procedure. This eliminates the finer aging signs on your face as well such as the sunspots, redness, and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth.
Most patients will be able to see their final results within a month or two of their facelift. Since your skin does not stop aging, the results from your facelift cannot be permanent. However, Dr. Gilpin has the expertise and skills to remove about 10 years from your facial appearance. You must maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to retain your results for a longer time. We also recommend noninvasive injectables like fillers and Botox to touch up your results.
Forest Hills is a suburb of Nashville in Davidson County of Tennessee. Nashville was settled by Anglo Europeans in 1780, and over the next 20 years, settlers staked claims on what was originally land hunted and cultivated by Native Americans. Several land grants were awarded to Revolutionary War veterans who passed these on to their children or sold them. One of the oldest buildings in Forest Hills had remained in the Mayfield family till 1939 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Today, Forest Hills is considered a satellite city of Nashville and is primarily composed of steep wooded hills. However, most of it is now developed with the growth and prosperity of Nashville; several hills and ridges have also been developed in recent decades.